Saturday, December 6, 2014

Face-Off by Stacy Juba

(Image found on Goodreads)

T.J. and Brad are twins, both enjoy playing hockey. But when T.J. has to change schools, their already strained relationship threatens to break. But can they find that together they're stronger? Find the official description on Goodreads.

The thing I really enjoyed about this book is that it wasn't my typical hockey book. Most times I go for hockey romances but this was different. It was intriguing to see a book that does involve hockey without the romance. But at the same time I enjoyed the switch up. It's always nice to take a step outside your comfort zone.

The relationship between the two main characters was strained and awkward. Certainly not the idea you get when you think of twins. It was amusing as well as frustrating to see how their relationship was. 

And then just going through and seeing how the two change and grow a bit in their relationships and whatnot was great. It was marvelous to see.

Overall I did enjoy this book although I found that you didn't get a lot of the thoughts that you did read in other books. There was a lot of dialogue more so than other books. Which isn't a bad thing, just different.

I did enjoy the uniqueness of Face-Off and suggest it to anyone who has teenagers or whatnot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say and I'll try to reply to every comment!