Saturday, November 8, 2014

Undefeated by Melissa Cutler

(Image found on Goodreads)


Liam and Marlena didn't have the best of relationships in high school, but Liam had a sense of wanting to know what could have been and Marlena has always found Liam irresistible. But both have their baggage and only they can help each other overcome it. Find the official description on Goodreads.

The characters were each unique and interesting. Melanie seems like this really chill person but inside she has her secrets. And they're not all that traditional. At least not in the book worlds. And Liam was a marvelous character, well created and I enjoyed both. Especially their interactions with each other.

I loved how Liam described the meaning of hockey to him. It was beautiful and gave depths to Liam that I hadn't previously seen.

I also liked that Liam had different problems from Theo and that he had different ways in dealing with them. It made Undefeated stand out from Risky Business.

And it isn't just the main characters I enjoyed, it was everyone. Even the characters who were more to the side had depth and weren't just there to further the story.

I loved the ending. It might have been a difficult journey but it just proves that anything can happen and things can work out for the best. I just really loved this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say and I'll try to reply to every comment!