Sunday, November 16, 2014

In the Zone by Catherine Gayle

(Image found on Goodreads)
"I hadn't been able to get her off my mind in the months since that night." -Catherine Gayle, In The Zone

Keith Burns, defense man for the Portland Storm, has been feeling lonely for the last few months. When he has a one night stand, not even finding out the woman's name, he has a hard time getting her out of his mind. When he comes across her months later, he is determined to convince her to try out a relationship with him. But when his past comes up will he be able to let go of the guilt or will it eat him alive? Find the official description on Goodreads.

I've got to say that I enjoyed all of the characters in the Portland Storm series. They all have their differences and yet they come together as a family. It's beautiful to see the interactions and whatnot between the team, their women and family. Burnzie is a well constructed character and I really enjoyed finding out more about him and seeing his interactions. I also loved Brie. She felt like a real person and one that I can easily get along with. It was marvelous! (Plus Burnzie is from my home province, gotta love that!)

The plot kept things interesting and moving along nicely. It was great to see both characters grow and move together towards a brighter future.

The book had me on an emotional roller coaster and as weird as it sounds, I enjoyed it. They had their difficulties but managed to move past them. It was just a great story, once that I enjoyed.

Catherine Gayle has once more created a book that entrances the reader and draws them into the family that is the Portland Storm series. If you love sports romance than you need to check this series out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say and I'll try to reply to every comment!