Sunday, September 28, 2014

Distraction and Desire by Kizzie Darker

(Image found on Goodreads)

Joanne went through a bad breakup, and has lost all faith in the male gender, especially when her ex won't leave her alone. Enter Nathan Jones, CIA Agent undercover. He's already lost so much, he's not convinced he wants to lose more. But when the two meet sparks fly. Now it's just a matter of finding a way to last. Find the official description on Goodreads.

Kizzie Darker did a really good job at describing the emotions and thoughts that were going through 
Joanne's heads. I could see how she was battling upset and depression and how she was working through things. That being said, I also found Joanne was far from my favorite character. Her thoughts tended to be annoying to me a lot of the time, and then she seemed to run a lot. It bothered me.

I also felt that the whole CIA thing almost felt like it wasn't real. Honestly I thought it was fake for most of the book even when Nathan admitted it. I'm not sure it was just how it was introduced or whatnot but I just felt like he was just faking being a CIA agent for most of the book. Until one scene that really drove it home for me.

Distraction and Desire was a good book in other aspects, while others I really didn't like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say and I'll try to reply to every comment!