Monday, June 16, 2014

Something True by Malia Mallory

(Image found on Goodreads)
"This is why she hadn't wanted to agree to this arrangement in the first place." -Malia Mallory, Something True

Shelley is a musician but she also founded KC's Kidz to entertain children in the hospital in honour of her sister who died of cancer when she was younger. Liam, a big time rock star, is in trouble with the law and volunteers at KC's Kidz. Shelley catches his eyes. But can Shelley trust him or will this all just go down in flames? Find the official description on Goodreads.

Something True drew me in and made me wish it was longer. Much of the issues revolve around Shelley and whether she can trust Liam. Not to mention she feels that she isn't going to fit in his lifestyle or Liam will lost interest. The internal battle was good to watch as I'm not sure about you but I always seem to have an internal battle about pretty much anything and everything. So it was cool to see that and recognize it as something that I do myself. When that happens you find an instant connection with Shelley.

The writing was interesting and easy to read. It blended well and you could see the distinct voices of both Shelley and Liam. 

It's a great read, one that I found was too short. But then again I say that about many books I read and enjoy. So maybe I just didn't want it to end. It was a great read though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say and I'll try to reply to every comment!