Monday, June 9, 2014

Second on the Right by Elizabeth Los


Author Bio:
Elizabeth uses writing as therapy, her release from everyday stress. At night, after work and once the children are finally tucked in bed, for the fifth time, she sits at her laptop and lets her imagination flow.
Elizabeth has produced short stories, one of which will be published in an anthology. She’s had fun writing a Sherlock Holmes fan fiction story, A Case of Need, based on the BBC’s Sherlock. By July 2011, her first novel, Second on the Right, had been completed. She spent several years polishing the story in order to provide a high quality product to the public. Second on the Right is her first professional novel.


Author Links:
Twitter: @SantaFlash










Book Links:
ISBN-10: 1492340480
ISBN-13: 978-1492340485
eBook ISBN-13: 978-1310988455
Amazon: Coming May 9th!
Synopsis:
Spawned from an ancient promise, treachery and intrigue follow the protagonists through our world and one lost to the waves. Bound by an invisible bond, they are thrust into a fantastical world of pirates and demons.
James Benedict is a just man haunted by evil. Pushed to the edge, everything stripped from him, a new man arises . . . a man whose name strikes fear into the hearts of all who hear it: "Captain Hook".
Eileen Davis was a timid woman. Through a fateful cruise she finds herself in the company of the Captain of the Mistral Thief. With his guidance, and the meddling of the local barista, she eventually finds her inner strength.
Will the two of them unite through time to fulfill the promise of their ancestors or will tempers ignite leading all to failure?


Audio Excerpt:








(In case code doesn’t work) Actual Link: http://youtu.be/Z3rU6mDNVXY


Giveaway Embed Codes:


Interview Questions and Answers
1. What made you want to take on the Peter Pan story and recreate it?
I’m crazy like that.
Seriously though, I had always felt that Hook got the raw end of the deal when it came to the story. He was portrayed as a coward often, but would that be the case for a pirate captain? With a friend’s challenge, I started to write out the how and why of his life and how he changed into the infamous pirate captain that we all know. Still, I wanted to make him more than just a pirate afraid of a crocodile.


2. How do you find time to write?
Every evening, when my kids were finally in bed, I’d sit down with my laptop and write. Sometimes my husband would sit next to me, watching some television show. Othertimes, I’d have Pandora radio running, playing film scores that would help inspire my writing.


3. Do you think you will take on other stories like Peter Pan and give them new life?

I might consider it, but at the moment I have at least two novels within a planned series that I would like to complete first.

Scavenger Hunt!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting. Any questions? Feel free to ask. Some readers think Second on the Right should be included in the sudden rash of twisted fairy tales, but actually this story was years in the making. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say and I'll try to reply to every comment!