Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Show by John A. Heldt

17381278.jpg
(Image found on Goodreads)
“...she had crossed a line and there was no going back.” -John A. Heldt, The Show

Grace has found herself her piece of happiness. But when she finds herself further back in history, she’s not sure what to do. Does she forget the life she had, and move on? Or does she find herself alone, forever stuck in the past? Find the official description on Goodreads.

Having read The Mine, I was really excited to find that Grace was the main character in this book. And to find out things from her perspective. While there were times in the first book that we got her perspective it just wasn’t the same not to mention there were times we didn’t get her perspective. So to get that now it was perfect! Not to mention that you get to learn more about what happened after Joel leaves in The Mine. I was so excited to do so as I hadn’t expected to find out anymore about the couple.

Then there was also the fact that I already had a connection with Grace so I enjoyed it so much to find out more about her and get into her head a bit more. But then there’s the fact that it feels as if you’re reconnecting with old friends. John A. Heldt doesn’t make you feel like you missed anything or if you did than it’s not something that can’t be retold. It was a great story.

As a reader you also find yourself finding new perspectives on characters that you’ve previously met. Sometimes you change your opinions or just learn more about them and develop a more concrete opinion. It was a great chance, one that I appreciated. And may I just say that I sighed over the ending. Actually sighed.

But if you’re a fan of time travel and/or romance, than you should definitely give the Northwest Passage Series a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say and I'll try to reply to every comment!