Thursday, March 6, 2014

Small Update

Okay, so yes I realize that I have yet to post an actual post about books. But I'm working on it, I promise you! I just thought that I'd give you a small update on what my thoughts are going forward.

I thought I'd share a little of how I got started reading. I don't really remember when I first learned to read but since I was little, books always interested me. But it wasn't until the Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling that I became addicted. My family always has this Christmas tradition where we all meet up and just celebrate being together. And they also have a present swap. So the way that would work is that the kids would choose from one hat with all of the kids names, and the adults would do the same except for the adults. Now, my cousin was the one who got my name and the only thing she could think of to get me was books. Up until now I had always said that I wouldn't read the Harry Potter Series, who knows why. But my cousin got me the first four books that Christmas and because it  was a present I felt obligated to read them.


So I did. And what I found was a world that I soon began to crave. It was an escape from the normal world into one where I could do anything and be anything I wanted. It was a distraction. So fast forward to the final book being released. I literally pre-ordered it from Coles as soon as I possibly could and on July 21st, 2007 (wow! It's been a while!) both my parents were working. Since I was only twelve, I obviously didn't have a license, and so I decided that I would bike. I woke up early, and left early enough that when I arrived at the mall I had to wait for a few minutes until it was open. I went in with my receipt, got my book and off I went back home. I literally read from 10 or so that morning until 8 or 9 that night until I finally had finished the book. So, really I owe J.K. Rowling for nurturing my love of reading.

Now that I've managed to bore you with that story, let's get talking about what you should expect next! I'm thinking that I'll start out with some Young Adult novels. So in the next few days and weeks expect posts about the Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling (I may or may not do separate posts for each of the books.), the Divergent Series by Veronica Roth, the Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare, the Testing Series by Joelle Charbonneau and I may just throw in a post or two about Toni Aleo's Assassin's Series. So keep your eyes wide open!

Oh! And if you'd like me to write a post about one of your favourite books or have any recommendations on what to read please feel free to use the comments or send me an email using the Contact Me widget in the sidebar. I really want to hear what you guys want to see and I always love finding new books. So don't be shy!


-Shy Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say and I'll try to reply to every comment!